The ‘Luxury Clonakilty’ omelette
Serves: 2 • Prep Time: • Cook Time:
Are you tired of eating the same dishes over and over again? Why not add some luxury to your weekend omelette with the unique spices of the Clonakilty Blackpudding and the sharp taste of the delicious Gouda cheese. This recipe is perfect for Clonakilty lovers looking to enjoy their favourite breakfast in a new way.
4 free range eggs
70g Clonakilty Blackpudding
50g chorizo (diced)
1 tomato (diced)
½ red onion (sliced)
40g grated Gouda
2 tsp of real butter
Few sprigs of fresh chopped parsley
Good pinch of salt & pepper
1. Heat a dash of oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat and crumble in the Blackpudding and fry for 4 minutes.
2. Add the chopped chorizo and fry for a further 4 minutes. Then add the onion and the tomato.
3. Lower the heat and gently cook for 5 minutes.
4. At this stage you can transfer half the meat mix into another pan if you wish to make two separate omelettes.
5. Whisk the eggs, cream, half the cheese, parsley and salt and pepper in a bowl and add to the meat mixture.
6. Cook gently over a low-medium heat until the egg is almost cooked, then add the remainder of the cheese on top.
7. Finish under the grill to melt the cheese.
Many thanks to Ethna, ‘The Burlesque Chef’ for this delicious recipe.