Clonakilty Whitepudding with creamy zucchini, mushroom and parmesan risotto
Serves: 4 • Prep Time: • Cook Time:
This creamy risotto is made with fresh zucchini and mushroom, flavoursome parmesan and delectable Clonakilty Whitepudding. The perfect Italian main course for a midweek meal or for easy entertaining. Quick, easy and hassle free, why not add this delicious recipe to your list of tasty quick fixes?
200g Clonakilty Whitepudding (cut into 6 thick slices)
1 large onion (finely diced)
2 zucchinis (finely diced)
200g seasonal mushrooms (finely diced)
400g Arborio rice
2 tbsp olive oil
1 litre chicken stock
100g grated parmesan
2 cloves garlic (finely diced)
125ml white wine
Salt and pepper
1. Soften the diced onion, zucchinis, mushrooms and garlic on a low heat in a non-stick pan with oil for about 4-5 minutes.
2. Cook the Arborio rice in a medium saucepan in water and add mixture with 500ml of chicken stock and white wine.
3. Simmer, stirring regularly until the rice is almost cooked out. As the liquid is absorbed, add another 500ml of chicken stock for extra flavour.
4. Stir in 100g of parmesan and 40g of butter and cook for another 2 minutes.
5. Separately, add oil to a non-stick pan and cook 4-6 thick slices of Clonakilty Whitepudding for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
6. Either crumble the cooked Clonakilty Whitepudding into the risotto or serve the thick slices on top of the risotto.
7. Season with salt and pepper to serve.
A big thank you to The World Loves Melbourne for this delicious recipe.