ROCK ‘N’ rolls
Serves: 12 • Prep Time: • Cook Time:
Who doesn’t love a good sausage roll? And a Clonakilty Blackpudding Sausage roll, even better! This simple recipe is easy and quick to prepare and is perfect for easy entertaining and quick holiday meals. These juicy treats are not only delicious, but they are also incredibly handy. Although they taste best when freshly baked, they can be frozen and defrosted making your life a lot easier when preparing for parties in advance
150g Clonakilty Black Pudding
3 sheets puff pastry
400g pork mince
100g bacon, diced
1 tbsp fresh sage and parsley, finely chopped
2 shallots, finely chopped
1 tsp crushed garlic
100g water chestnuts, finely diced
Salt and pepper to taste
Black sesame seeds to sprinkle on top – or poppy seeds
1 egg – beaten
Beetroot relish or tomato sauce
- FILLING – Mix all the ingredients thoroughly in a large bowl – if your bacon is quite salty you may want to omit extra salt.
- Prepare a tray with baking paper. Preheat the oven to 200C fan forced or 220C.
- Lay a pastry sheet on a work surface – cut in half.
- Spread the pork mixture down the middle of both the long ends, squeezing into sausage shape, and dot with Clonakilty Black Pudding pieces throughout. Roll up to join the sides overlapping, do not seal the ends, but cut in half carefully and place the sausages fold side down on the baking tray.
- Repeat for all the pastry and filling. Making 12 sausage rolls. Use two trays if you need to.
- Brush the sausage rolls with the beaten egg, sprinkle with the seeds, and bake 25 minutes until golden. Serve hot with a relish or tomato sauce
Click here to download The Big Falvour Cookbook