MURPHY’S SURF & TURF
Serves: • Prep Time: • Cook Time:
A delicious BBQ platter with Clonakilty Black Pudding and prawns in a Pernod herb butter, perfect for your Summer Soirees. Be sure to remember if you’re using wooden skewers that you soak them for a minimum of 20 minutes in cold water so they don’t catch fire on the barbeque, other than that, sit back, relax and enjoy the subtle flavours of Ireland’s favourite black pudding al fresco.
For the Platter:
6 prawns, peeled and skewered, tossed in olive oil and seasoned
3 x 1cm slices Clonakilty Black Pudding
Vegetables of choice cut into pieces for the
BBQ Grilled flatbread
For the Pernod Butter:
75g unsalted butter, softened
½ cup herbs – parsley, dill, basil – any mix you like
1 – 2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp Pernod or any anise flavoured liqueur
Salt and pepper to taste
1 drizzle of olive oil to help
- For the butter – blend in a food processor or with a fork until smooth. Roll into a cyldiner shape, wrapped in plastic wrap, and refrigerate until needed.
- Heat a grill or barbecue until hot – cook the vegetables of choice evenly and remove to the platter.
- Melt some Pernod butter in pan ready to pour over the prawns.
- Cook the prawns approx. 2 minutes each side depending on their size – remove to the platter and
- spoon over the Pernod herb butter.
- Cook the Clonakilty Black Pudding 1 minute each side and remove to the platter.
Click here to download The Big Flavour Cookbook.