Clonakilty pan fried breakfast
Serves: 4 • Prep Time: • Cook Time:
This homely, one-pan dish is quick and easy to prepare and is perfect for the weekend. This recipe is simply delicious, but why not play around with the ingredients and share with your family and friends. There’s a reason this classic country meal is so popular!
280g Clonakilty Blackpudding
280g Clonakilty Whitepudding
200g Clonakilty Slisíní Rashers
3 large potatoes
4 free range eggs
Handful of parsley
1 onion (optional)
1. Peel and slice potatoes and place them in boiling salted water for 5 to 8 minutes until parboiled.
2. Put a pan on medium heat. Add a small amount of butter or oil and then the puddings. Adjust heat as needed and keep turning puddings until cooked through.
3. Place rashers under a medium grill and flip after 10 minutes. Keep cooking until desired level of crispiness has been reached.
4. Chop onions. Remove cooked pudding and rashers and chop them into smaller pieces.
5. Heat a frying pan on medium heat and add butter or oil. Add onions. Once they start to soften add the potatoes and brown each side. Add chopped pudding and rashers.
6. Whisk eggs and season with salt and pepper. Add egg mix to pan and keep stirring until egg is cooked.
7. Cut into four servings, remove from pan with fish slice and place on plate. Top with parsley and serve.