Clonakilty Blackpudding Wacka Tucker Bread
Serves: • Prep Time: • Cook Time:
This dish is absolutely delicious, made with a spicy vegetable relish and generous helping of Clonakilty Black Pudding, it is a perfect side dish to accompany great meal!
100g Clonakilty Black Pudding
10 small carrots or 1 large carrot grated
1/2 Green Capsicum Diced
1/2 Red Capsicum Diced
1/2 Yellow Capsicum Diced
1 Red Onion Diced
1 pack Cherry Tomatoes Halved
3 Garlic Cloves Diced
1 Tbls Soft Brown Sugar
1 Tbls Medium Curry Powder
45ml Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
Tsp apple cider vinegar
1kg Bread Dough
- In a large pan pour in the olive oil and add the curry powder, fry the curry powder until fragrant.
- Add the onions and Soft Brown Sugar and fry until the onions are succulent. (Keep the onions moist by placing a lid on the pan or adding a little water while simmering)
- Add the carrots, Capsicum, Garlic, tomatoes, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper and water and allow to simmer for about 25/30 min until the vegetables are cooked and water has evaporated and the vegetables are cooked to the consistency of a relish. Add additional salt and pepper to taste. If you would like a little more heat, add a sprinkle of chilli powder.
- Set aside and allow to cool. Add in the cream and stir.
- Shape the bread dough into small round buns and place into a greased oven proof dish, cover with a damp towel for 20min to allow the bread to rise.
- Pour the relish over the buns and crumble the raw Clonakilty Black Pudding over the top and bake in the oven for 30 min at 180 degrees fan forced oven.
Recipe courtesy of Another Food Blogger