Clonakilty Blackpudding Broccolini Salad
Serves: • Prep Time: • Cook Time:
A delicious Summer Salad with a Clonakilty twist. The sweetness from the cranberries pairs perfectly with the nutty flavour from the salad the Clonakilty spice.
Recipe created by Another Food Blogger
2 Bunches of broccolini
1/2 Thinly sliced red onion
1/2 Cup dried cranberries
100g Clonakily Black Pudding
2 Scallions sliced
100g Assorted nuts and seed trail mix
1/4 Small red cabbage thinly sliced
1/2 lemon juiced
3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 Tablespoons sugar
1/2 Cup good quality mayonnaise
1/2 Cup Greek yogurt
1 Teaspoon wholegrain mustard
1 Large clove garlic minced
- Rinse and then roughly chop the broccolini.
- Place in a microwave safe dish with 2 tablespoons of water, cover with cling film and partially cook in the microwave for 2 minutes. Make sure to use an oven mitten when removing the dish from the microwave as it will be hot.
- Place the broccolini into a colander and run cold water over the broccolini, this will stop the cooking process and keep it deliciously crunchy in the salad.
- Place the sliced red onion into a small bowel and add the lemon juice and allow to marinate for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes drain the lemon juice from the sliced onions.
- Remove the plastic wrap from the Clonakilty Black Pudding and slice into 2cm thick slices. Place in a dry frying pan on a medium to low heat and grill for approximately 4 minutes each side.
- Once cooked set aside and allow to cool. Once cooled, crumble the black pudding into a bowel and set aside.
- In the same pan, dry fry the nut and seed trail mix until toasted golden brown. Set aside and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl add the dried cranberries and pour boiling water over the cranberries until they are fully submerged. After 5 min drain the cranberries and squeeze out excess moisture.
For the dressing
- In a medium sized bowl add the apple cider vinegar and sugar, stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, whole grain mustard, minced garlic, a good pinch of flaky sea salt and ground black pepper.
- Mix together and taste. Add additional salt and pepper to suite your taste preference.
- In a large bowel add the cooled broccolini, red onions, cranberries, red cabbage, scallions, 1/2 the crumbled Clonakilty Black Pudding and 1/2 the toasted nuts and seeds.
- Add the dressing and mix together until evenly coated.
- Serve and sprinkle with the remaining black pudding and toasted nuts and seeds.