Clonakilty Blackpudding, blue cheese and baby beetroot toasties
Serves: Makes appox. 30 crostini for finger food • Prep Time: • Cook Time:
You can look forward to a stress free event with this simple canapé. These tasty appetizers look and taste gourmet and are bursting with flavour. Quick and classic, the Clonakilty Blackpudding, blue cheese and baby beetroot toasties are a real crowd pleaser. Don’t let your guests miss out on something really special.
1 large baguette
280g Clonakilty Blackpudding
100g blue cheese
100g cooked baby beetroot
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6.
2. Slice the baguette into half inch slices and place into a bowl.
3. Drizzle with some olive oil and toss, so that the bread slices are all evenly covered with the oil.
4. Place on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for approx. 6 to 8 minutes, until crisp and golden.
5. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the tray.
6. Slice the Blackpudding and fry in a little oil for about 4 minutes on each side, mash in the blue cheese while still keeping the pan on the heat.
7. Mix the Blackpudding and blue cheese together to form a crumbly mixture.
8. Spoon a dollop of the blue cheese and Blackpudding mix onto each crostini and then some beetroot.
9. Serve straight away with a sprig of parsley to garnish.