Clonakilty Blackpudding and lamb skewers with Mediterranean salad
Serves: • Prep Time: • Cook Time:
These juicy lamb kebabs with a Clonakilty twist are perfect for outdoor cooking and are the ultimate treat. You can use a grill pan or frying pan if a BBQ isn’t available or if the weather doesn’t permit. Serve with a Mediterranean salad and you’ve got the perfect summer evening meal.
200g Clonakilty Blackpudding (chopped)
500g lamb mince
For the salad:
20g parsley leaves
1/2 red onion (sliced)
2 tbsp capers
75g feta cheese (crumbled)
100g cherry tomatoes (halved)
For the salad dressing:
1 tsp oregano
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
1. Mix the Clonakilty Blackpudding, lamb, salt and pepper together and roll into 75g balls.
2. Shape the black pudding balls into sausages and place them on a skewer (2-3 per skewer) and brush with olive oil. Alternatively, you can place the black pudding balls on the skewer and form the sausages while on the skewers – it clings to the skewer better this way.
3. Set the BBQ to a medium-high heat and grill the skewers for 7 to 8 minutes, turning every 2 minutes.
4. To make your salad dressing, mix the oregano, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and whisk until the mixture thickens slightly.
5. For the salad, mix the parsley leaves, red onion, capers, feta cheese and cherry tomatoes together and then toss with the salad dressing.
6. Serve your salad with the Clonakilty Blackpudding and lamb skewers and enjoy.
A big thanks to Gavin Sutherland for this delicious recipe.