Clonakilty Bacon & maple syrup butter
Serves: 2 • Prep Time: 15 Mins • Cook Time: 25 Mins
A real special occasion condiment, this bacon and maple syrup butter is stunning when spread on fresh bread, added to baked potatoes or tossed through steamed vegetables. It’s amazing what you can create with just four simple ingredients. This sweet and savoury combination couldn’t be easier to make and is truly delicious.
300g real butter (room temperature)
3 Clonakilty Rashers
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp fresh parsley (chopped)
1. Cook the bacon until crisp and chop finely. Allow to cool.
2. Blend the butter in a food processor with the maple syrup, bacon and parsley until combined.
3. Roll out a sheet of baking parchment and spoon out the butter into a long sausage shape in the centre, leaving a 4 inch gap at the sides.
4. Roll up and twist the sides in so it resembles a large sweet.
5. Keep in the fridge for up to a week.
Many thanks to Ethna Reynolds for this delicious recipe.