BLACK BILLY PIZZA
Serves: 1-2 • Prep Time: • Cook Time:
Nothing beats a good homemade pizza…apart from a pizza made with Clonakilty Blackpudding of course! These impressive recipe are not only delicious, but is also incredibly creative. There are two Pizza variations for you to try:
1. Pizza with goats cheese, Clonakilty Black Pudding, red onion cherry tomatoes and rocket
2. Pizza with goats cheese, mushroom, basil and Clonakilty Black Pudding
The creaminess of the goat’s cheese, the crispiness of the bacon, mushrooms and the unique spices from the Clonakilty Blackpudding are guaranteed to leave your guests begging for more!
2 x Store bought pizza bases with a tomato base or simply spread some tomato paste mixed with olive oil and a
crushed clove of garlic over some pita bread.
2 x 50g (100g) goats cheese
2 chestnut mushrooms, finely sliced
½ cup grated mozzarella or cheddar cheese
A few sprigs of basil
4 cherry tomatoes
3 thin slices red onion
4 x 1cm slices Clonakilty Black Pudding, ripped into 1cm pieces
A handful of baby rocket
- Heat two pizza stones on the oven or cook one at a time – 210C fan forced or 230C in a normal oven.
- Sprinkle both pizza bases with the grated mozzarella or cheddar cheese evenly. Top each with the goats
- cheese, 50g each. Top each with Clonakilty Black Pudding pieces.
- On pizza 1 – dot the pizza with red onion slices and halved cherry tomatoes cut side up.
- On pizza 2 – lay thinly sliced mushrooms over the pizza, season well with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle or spray both pizzas with olive oil.
- Bake in the hot oven 7 – 9 minutes until your liking.
- Top pizza 1 with fresh rocket and pizza 2 with fresh basil.
Click here for The Big Flavour Cookbook