ANGRY BULL PASTA
Serves: 2 • Prep Time: • Cook Time:
Quick chilli garlic and lemon pasta with a Clonakilty Black Pudding Crumb. A very quick pasta dish for 2 with loads of flavour.
2 x 1cm Clonakilty Black Pudding slices
2 garlic cloves, sliced
1 red chilli, sliced
3 tbsp olive oil
250g spaghetti (no 3)
½ lemon, juiced
2 tbsp Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Clonakilty Black Pudding crumb – in a small non-stick fry pan over medium heat, pan fry the Clonakilty Black Pudding 2 minutes each side, then set aside to cool. This is ready to crumble over the dish when serving.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Cook the spaghetti according to instructions – no 3 is a thick spaghetti and generally takes around 5 minutes. Once cooked drain well over another pan to keep the pasta water.
- Over medium heat gently pan fry the garlic and chilli until the oil is nicely flavoured – be very careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add lemon juice – this can also help slow the cooking quickly if the garlic is star ting to brown. Throw in the cooked pasta with a few spoons of the pasta water – this helps thicken the sauce from the starch now in the water.
- Divide between bowls, sprinkle with the Clonakilty Black Pudding crumb, the parsley and grated parmesan.
Click here to download The Big Flavour Cookbook.